Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ray

I just watched Ray (about the life of Ray Charles) with some friends following a hard but productive and fun church work day. Wow. A++++ Very real. Not knowing Ray personally (obviously) I can't vouch for its accuracy, but I really appreciated that it did not try to glorify the life he was living. It made the affairs and the drug dependence look just as ugly as it should.

The movie hit me hard, because I can relate a little bit. Ray was living two lives. It got me thinking about my life. Am I living only one? Am I trying to hide anything? As Ray found out, people are smart. They can figure out if I'm hiding something. I don't have a substance problem(that isn't ice-cream related). But I've got secrets. Watching the filth of his secrets and what they were doing to him really got me squirming because I felt like I was watching the filth of my own secrets.

Laters. I've got some praying to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home