Sunday, September 18, 2005

Scary Nightmare

I seldom have nightmares, but I just woke up from one of the scariest ones I've ever had. I was alone on a rainy night in a huge parking garage, going down and down and down and down the stairs (I dunno... guess it was a way underground parking garage, because I think I was actually trying to find my car). The stairs were those yellow grated industrial ones. I think it might have doubled as a subway station. My nightmares do often involve subway stations for some reason, even though most or all of my subway experiences have been pleasant.

All of a sudden, my cellphone rang, and it was a Verizon representative. He started in on like a 20 minute schpeel on how I had an outstanding bill again and that I had finally been late one too many times. He said I had to pay quadruple the bill to keep the phone active, and that every time I used it, I would have to wait through a 5-minute recorded lecture on the importance of paying bills on time before I could dial. From now on. I begged and pleaded about how I check my mail regularly and it seems they are always sending me bills that are due like the day after I receive them, but I just heard "click" and then dial tone.

So then I drove home (in the old Toyota pickup I used to have! Ah, nostalgia!) and it turned out home was my parent's house. When I got there, my mom asked me if she could borrow my phone.

That's the last straw. First thing Monday I am going to convert EVERYTHING over to electronic funds transfer.

K. Bye. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Yep, quite the cold sweat. :)

September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home